Friday, July 10, 2009

Everybody blog!!!!

EVERYBODY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY BLOG!!!!! everyone keep sayin make sure u blog today make sure u blog today. What's the big suprise? But anyway its so much to do in so little time. Constructing a CDR presentation, making sure our document was better than the last one, and our defense all less than a week from today. Our team is functioning much better than 2 weeks ago, much much team work. Hopefully today I can get started with the calibrations with Ashle but in the mean time I can go over what I have done so far and get a better understanding of the ground software. I know so far from the Basic Stamp Editor we will extract the data collected from the data EEPROM and extract it into a file using the program Term 232. From there we can put our data into an Microsoft excel file. But the data extracted is only temperature, pressure, and a time stamp. Our experiment is measuring temperature and pressure vs. altiutde, so where do we get the altitude from. Well the beacon on the payload will record altitude along with a time stamp in UTC time. a program will be given to us to retrieve the altitude data ( what a relief, I dont have to write that program). So then we can input the data into excell and make plots using science conversions.
Wow I just learned most of this this morning in a meeting, lol I didnt think my memory was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment